Welcome!

Here you will not only find the latest happenings with DDB, but you will also get to read about little snippets of things I find moving, important, random, or informative/helpful to others. I hope that by giving you a little insight into my life that you will have the opportunity to understand me a bit more. Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

As Summer Comes to an End.....

As summer comes to an end I look back at the last couple of months and think about what I accomplished, how I would've done things differently, and what I wish I had done. Though we didn't have the greatest summer weather wise, it's still one of my favorite seasons. I ended the week with a bang last week getting in FOUR etsy sales in TWO days!! It's a record for me, and I'm very happy to have gotten those sales. And the best part about them was that they were all sales of multiple items. Which means, customers do want to take advantage of my little promotion. Last week, I was SO busy every single evening after work, that I rarely had any time to work on my etsy inventory. With those 4 sales, 8 items were purchased.

My goal this week is finish up a large school order I'm working on. I am half way done with the 50 item order. I have made 25 ribbon streamers in green, yellow and white. All I have to do is cut and heat seal the ribbon ends. Tonight I will start the korker pony tail ribbons (also in green, yellow and white). Those will be a bit more time consuming as all of the ribbons will need to be wrapped around dowels and baked in the oven for about a half hour. I'm looking forward to completing this order so I can really concentrate on getting my etsy inventory built up. I'd like to have close to 100 items listed by the end of September!! That is my goal. I am loving these sales that are coming in as a portion of them are being donated to the Susan G. Komen Foundation in memory of a dear friend who lost her battle with breast cancer. I decided to start early so as to be able to donate as much as possible. So I am donating 20% of all sales from All of September AND October. Customers will also be sent a crocheted pink awareness ribbon as a "thank you" for their purchase. I will also be sending a FREE pumpkin clip for every two items purchased in a sale. All four of my recent customers each received a free pumpkin clip! I am definitely really excited to get started on more inventory as soon as possible!!

No comments:

Post a Comment