Welcome!

Here you will not only find the latest happenings with DDB, but you will also get to read about little snippets of things I find moving, important, random, or informative/helpful to others. I hope that by giving you a little insight into my life that you will have the opportunity to understand me a bit more. Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

crocheted baby blanket

So my girlfriend had her baby last night! So excited for her! This is baby #2 for them and their family is now complete since their first is a girl, and the new addition is a boy. I made this blanket for little baby Cole. Yep, that's his name, isn't it adorable?! I love crocheting. It's another one of my past time loves. I'd love to get much better at it, but am finding it difficult to do the fancier stitches. I do try to conquer a new pattern with every baby blanket I make. This is the 4th blanket I've made. The last one I made was an afghan for my husband that took me three months! yes... finding the time to do it is the challenge. Especially on top of making bows. I thought I'd share this picture. I am trying to teach myself how to crochet flowers through different tutorials and videos. I taught myself how to crochet in general just by using a book. And will still refer back to it if I ever need to for something in particular.

1 comment:

  1. That is a beautiful baby blanket. I made one for my daughter 20 some years ago. She held onto that blanket until she moved to florida. Somehow it got lost. Sad. Baby's grow to love the small things. COngrats on your friends baby.

    ReplyDelete