Welcome!

Here you will not only find the latest happenings with DDB, but you will also get to read about little snippets of things I find moving, important, random, or informative/helpful to others. I hope that by giving you a little insight into my life that you will have the opportunity to understand me a bit more. Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Just when you're feeling down, God sends in a life preserver to keep you afloat.

So I've been feeling down lately. It just feels like I've been swimming from underwater, holding my breath, trying to get to the top. But all I see is the sun shining in and I can't get to it. I feel like everyone around me seems to be accomplishing all the things I am striving for. Each day there is a new piece of good news for someone else, or I see something regarding business that makes me wonder.... am I doing something wrong? Well a funny story last night brought out all my frustrations.. I'd like to share that story, and then tell you about the life preserver sent my way this morning.

So last night, dh and I are in bed watching tv. He says. "I don't want to go to work tomorrow." I respond. "I never want to go to work." Then he says, "How about we send Roxy and Spike in our place". Now... we own two boston terriers that have the most hysterical personalities. So of course, we let our imaginations run rampant and discuss what would happen if it were really the case. "Could you picture Spike driving to work in the jeep?" He says. "No, he'd crash because he'd be too busy looking out all the windows and sticking his head out for air! Roxy would have to drive." We talk about what they would do at each of our jobs. Now mind you at this point we are hysterically, can't breathe laughing. I've got tears pouring out of my eyes and I can feel the recent frustrations just uncontrollably coming out of my eyes in the form of tears. Then dh tops it off by saying "Know why I picked Spike to switch places with you?" I said, "No, why?" He said, "Because he spends the day in the crate and Roxy gets free run of the house!" Again, laughing hysterically.

It was a laugh and cry that was much needed. I woke up this morning feeling a little better, but still constantly thinking about what I need to do to turn things around for myself. Then God sent in my life preserver. I logged in to Etsy to find a sale. And she decided to purchase two items. I had tweeted about a 20% discount to my 10th sale. She told me she didn't want the discount. She truly was a Godsend to start my day off on a positive note. The well known prayer is something I say often: God Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change. The courage to change the things I can. And the wisdom to know the difference. There are certain things I'd like right now, that I have no control over. I need to accept that and move forward knowing that things will change when they are meant to change for me. Giving up that control is the hardest thing for me. There are things that I can control (my business) and I need to focus on those things to make it better. One step at a time.... And I will. It's always easier said than done. But I am making an honest effort to change that thought process.

Please make sure you stop by this shop of Molly's at Uniqueartpendants on Etsy. She has a phenomenal shop! http://uniqueartpendants.etsy.com and is a PLEASURE to do business with!!

Happy Wednesday all!!

6 comments:

  1. So true, made me think! Thank you for sharing!
    ~Michele from By Your Side

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. Don't know why but I just know things are going to turn around and get better for you real soon. Hang in there and take care:)
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Bobbi - thank you for sharing! DaddyBoy and I often imagine our kitty Cake with a laptop and BlackBerry - going to work for us. I don't think she would approve though! Things will turn around - they always do, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bobbi. I have been there more times than I want to count. I don't know what it is either. It seems out of the clear blue I will start feeling blue. I think I put too much into things. We just need to focus on the things we can control and leave the rest to God. It all takes time.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, what a sweet and uplifting post. Sounds like you and your husband have a wonderfully supportive relationship. Laughing with my own husband is all that keeps me going sometimes.

    Thanks for sharing that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay as a boston terrier owner myself I must tell you, the dog driving the jeep is the funny part... more like a tank to confine them from leaping out every little thing they see. Mine is so hyper (even the vet offers me meds for him) that he can not stay focused on his task. We got sit down great but he lay and shake follow within 3 seconds.. hehehe..

    I know how you feel truly. Business is dry for many, myself included. I think of every sale in terms of what need it fulfilled in my home. I've been under the weather with a broken foot and wicked lupus flare. So, to say i'm down a bit would be an understatment.

    I hope your days ahead will be filled with calmness and success!

    ReplyDelete