Welcome!

Here you will not only find the latest happenings with DDB, but you will also get to read about little snippets of things I find moving, important, random, or informative/helpful to others. I hope that by giving you a little insight into my life that you will have the opportunity to understand me a bit more. Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, May 9, 2009

I haven't laughed that hard in a LONG time!

So last night my husband and I go out to dinner at the local pizza place. We pick up the free local town reader to browse through on our way in. Didn't read through much of it before dinner, but on our way home, he was driving and I was checking it out. This reader is full of advertisements, local information, jokes, and insightful thoughts submitted by people in the surrounding towns. Well, I read this one joke, and was laughing so hard, I couldn't stop! I was laughing so hysterically that I was crying... and not just tears coming out of my eyes, I was practically balling! Thank goodness I wasn't driving, and thank GOODNESS I didn't have to pee! Anyways, I tried to read the joke to my husband in between gasps of air, laughing, and the tears pouring out of my eyes... He thought it was funny, but was laughing more at me. Who knows.... maybe it wasn't as funny as it seemed to be. Maybe the stress I've experienced over the last week or so needed my body to experience that type of reliefe. Either way... that laugh was needed, and the visual I got while reading this joke made me think of my own weekly church experiences.

Anywho... I'm going to share this joke with you, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Beat Up In Church
A man showed up at work one day with a black eye. When his co-workers saw him, they asked him what haad happened. He told them it had happened in church. They didn't believe him, and wanted to know what really happened.

So he told them, "I went to the church. I got on my knees and prayed. When I stood up to sing the hymns, there in front of me was the biggest woman I had ever seen. Her dress was stuck in her butt crack, so being the gentleman I am, I reached over and pulled it out for her. She did not like that, so she hit me." The guys laughed and ribbed him about it all day.

The next week he showed up to work and his face was beaten really badly! Again the guys asked him what had happened and he told them he'd got beaten up at church. Again they didn't believe him, so he explained, "I went to church. I got on my knees and prayed. When I stood up to sing the hymns, there in front of me was that same big woman with her dress again stuck up her butt crack."

At this point the other men interrupted and said, "Please tell us you didn't pull her dress out of her crack again?" "No, the guy standing beside me did, and I knew she didn't like that, so I shoved it back in."

OK... so I didn't bust out into hysterics while retyping it. So it must have been my body's need to release endorphins yesterday. lol Anyways, I hope you enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment