Welcome!

Here you will not only find the latest happenings with DDB, but you will also get to read about little snippets of things I find moving, important, random, or informative/helpful to others. I hope that by giving you a little insight into my life that you will have the opportunity to understand me a bit more. Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Two new firsts for me!


I am now broadening my horizons! I have become such a huge fan of etsy and handmade gifts that I officially made my first etsy purchase! I bought custom bookends for a friend who's having a baby. I sent the shop owner a picture of the bedding set that the couple had registered for. She made a beautiful set of bookends with the baby's name on them. I will post a picture here later when I get home. I want to thank Leslie at Stymiepie Studios for doing such a beautiful job! Here is a link to her etsy shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=7148733 I think this is the perfect gift for someone who's doing a book basket for their shower!! My first official etsy purchase was a wonderful experience, and I would definitely purchase from her again in the future. You can also check out her blog here: http://stymiepiestudios.blogspot.com/

So not only did I complete my first purchase.... but I'm also now part of a team. I'm officially on the EtsyNJ Team. I am very excited to be part of a team that will help each other grow! I love everything about Etsy, the connections I've made, the advice and things I've already learned. It's a great community, and I think it's going to be even better being part of a team! You can check out the EtsyNJ Street Team blog here: http://etsynj.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

  1. It's always good to hear that your Etsy purchase makes you happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you soooo much for the lovely mention and compliments..i'm glad i was your first and you're not an etsy "virgin" anymore!!! actually, this was my first "feature" so now i'm not a "virgin" anymore either!! love U!!♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your enthusiasm for Etsy. I am right there with you. It is the best. I have a shop on Etsy but have not posted anything yet. Hopefully soon though. In the meantime I do craft shows.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete