Welcome!

Here you will not only find the latest happenings with DDB, but you will also get to read about little snippets of things I find moving, important, random, or informative/helpful to others. I hope that by giving you a little insight into my life that you will have the opportunity to understand me a bit more. Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Crocheted Awareness Ribbons

So I have a big cancer walk coming up. I blogged about it the other day. Since lavendar is the color for general cancer, a couple of friends and I made purple chocolate ribbon lollipops to sell for a dollar each to help raise a little more money. So I decided to try and crochet a strip that could be turned into a ribbon. It came out great! I love it, and it was so easy to do!

I chained 25, then did one row of double crochet. Slip knot to finish. Fold it into a ribbon, and then I will attach a stitch to keep the center together. I'm going to get safety pins to attach to them.

Then I was thinking that maybe what I will do is start attaching them to hair clippies as well. Crochet all different colors that mean different things! Then I could sell them on my etsy shop and include them as a separate section. I'm excited because they literally take 5 mins to make. I'm excited to see how they sell at the cancer walk. Just the ribbon pins I will sell for a dollar. The hair clips I'm thinking $2.00. I haven't really thought that far ahead just yet. I will first have to make a bunch of them. Lavendar is also the color for epilepsy. I'd love to make a bunch of lavendar ones and then figure out a way to put my niece's name (Lena) across the ribbon. I think it will be great for the epilepsy walk we do in October. I have to do a little more research for that one though.

No comments:

Post a Comment